Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Did These People Become Involved In CDs?

On Sunday, August 21, 2016 at 11:50:51 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 22/08/2016 12:09 p.m., JackA wrote:
http://fdslabs.com/audio_demo.html

I have a 1988 Priority Records (Calif.) CD, and even though the (Variest Artists) sources aren't ideal, its loudness is impressive for such an old CD!

This, too:
https://sites.google.com/site/songsby/hank-waring

Jack

'Loudness' is not something to impressed about for its own sake.

CDs could be produced (as could music) with pretty much any loudness
desired since day 1, so what's the big deal ? As could tape or vinyl
(with conditions).

geoff

One, maybe an engineer, spoke it well on YouTube. He said, get your "mix" as close as possible, because if you don't, you'll regret it later. What he was trying to say is, mixing has nothing to do with enhancing, a process that commonly happens later in the audio world. I doubt anyone just mixed stereo, and tossed it out to the public, as is!! A fine example is Elton John, if no audio enhancing on his (hit) songs, they'd put you to sleep.

Jack