George

"Arny Krueger" wrote:

"Matt" wrote in message
om

Hey guys. I'm writing with a bit of a concern about my hearing of
sound coming from my monitors. It could be out of phase because of
room reflections, but I've also tried listening on me headphones, and
very subtly the high mid/treble frequencies are more present in my
left ear than my right. Is this just temporary hearing loss or,
coincidently, are my headphones and monitors slightly off?

How about you disconnect the speakers, swap them, and what do you hear?

Letsee, you take the headphones off, rotate 180 degrees about your head,
reverse the channels being played and you hear what?

get your hearing checked, then you will know your weakness
I have mine checked at least at each year
I also feel the the numbers don't tell the whole story
beacuse I have pretty steep roll off at 8 K in one ear and a much soft
roll off but starting at 6 k in the other I can still hear things the
tests indicate I should not be able to
listening skills play a big part in this, being able to focus on what is
actually going on
but I have no training or advanced education in audiology so I can not
really explain why I can hear things the test indicate should not me
audible to me