Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default How to get reverb on vocals while recording?

On 27/03/2015 1:18 a.m., Peibyn wrote:
Dave Platt, many thanks! I feel you've understood my situation and as
a result of what you've advised, I immediately want to start
experimenting!

I have Audacity 2.0.0 loaded on my computer. Once the vocal line is
loaded into it could you tell me, please, what I can do to add
high-quality (realistic) reverberation?

This is the most basic of functions . A good start would be to read the
manual and check out tutorials on Youtube. Pretty much all DAWs work
similarly.

About ten years ago, when last preparing a recording that has been
selling quite well ever since, I went to Audacity's "Effect" tab and
tried using what was probably the most obvious Reverb choice that I
found there, but the result was horrendous.

Once the effect is placed you have to adjust it to taste. Both the
nature of the reverb (start with a preset) and the amount of reverb
verus 'dry'.

geoff