Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sebastian Zuendorf Sebastian Zuendorf is offline

Default Yamaha 01v Fader Repair?

coreybenson wrote:

Interesting diagnosis! Thanks for the info, Scott! I haven't looked
into the part yet. In my experience, getting parts out of Yamaha is
painful, time consuming and often fruitless, unless you're an
authorized repair center. It sure doesn't LOOK like it'd be hard to
get into, but...

In this case, it's not that hard to open it and replace a fader.

I'll probably take a shot at it tonight. We'll see what's in there!

Remove all the screws from the side where the rack rails sit as well
as all of the screws holding the top part in place.
IIRC that's 4 screws on the back and 4 in the front right below the
armrest.
Once these are removed, you can flip the top part over to the fader
side of the mixer by lifting the back end up.
Be careful, there's a ribbon cable in it that could be a little
short...

HTH

sebastian

--