Posted to sci.physics, sci.electronics.basics, rec.audio.tech
syntheticwave syntheticwave is offline

Default acoustics

On Jan 16, 12:37 am, syntheticwave wrote:

In that connection seems a procedure interesting, restores acoustic
wave fronts according huygens principle:

http:www.syntheticwave.de

... possibly does not become clear from the link above alone, why
connected that animation with the topic "see I you, you see me"
discussed here. Therefore I would like to justify, what I want to
express by the link:
We must include the Huygens principle ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huygens_principle
)
into the view of the topic. Thus acoustic waves can be bundled or
diverged or nearly at will aligned by the represented loudspeaker
field. Just suitably delay for each elementary wave would be need.
Perhaps that becomes clearer with the "acoustic curtain" animation:
http://www.syntheticwave.de/acoustic%20curtain.htm

With the light waves the conditions are alike in principle yet, but
both propagation speed and wavelength are by completely different
dimensions. If the light is not coherent, it hardly comes to
extinctions and overlays, as with the many longer acoustic waves the
case is. Therefore applies see I you, you normally sees me. But
whether I hear you, it depends on the fact how the elementary waves
superimpose.

Greetings Helmut, and sorry for my bad English ļ