Posted to sci.physics,sci.electronics.basics,rec.audio.tech
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default acoustics

In , Ian Iveson wrote:

I recall a discussion of optics, and someone remarked:
'I see you, you see me' is pretty much a universal law.

Does that also hold for acoustics?

Wind direction may have an effect on sound but not on light.

Not true for light anyway. What about one-way mirrors?

One-way mirrors are actually not directional. They are mostly
reflective and slightly transmissive, and installed between rooms with
greatly different illumination levels. If you flip the mirror around,
the effect of that "partially silvered" surface will not change.

- Don Klipstein )