Tim Martin

"Howard Davis" wrote in message

"What would be the most cost effective and user friendly software for
doing post-production work on a studio-made CD? I am a musician and
an electronics engineer."

I suppose it must depend on what you want to do, but for musicians,
Steinberg's Cubasis VST strikes me as stunning value for money. There are
lots of effects plug-ins available, and some are free.

You can use it as the basis of a home studio, too ... for anything not
requiring microphones, you can do your own recording at home. And it's also
a MIDI sequencer, so it's useful for composition.

It's also got some kind of internet hookuop, so you can work with other
musicians in distant locations. But I've not tried this.

Tim