Sander deWaal

Jon Noring said:

I'm glad bridges are designed and built with this process, and not
Patrick's process.

You rational types! What's the fun of that?
It's like building an amplifier from the book.

Now the question is how accurate are the simulations of circuits
which include factors for real-world (e.g. non-linear) performance?
Patrick keeps saying to get out the soldering gun and see how things
turn out, which I find perplexing since I assume the circuit
simulation codes that exist today are quite powerful. It would not
surprise me if many commercial electronic circuits are first
designed entirely by computer using simulation and optimization
techniques, then prototypes built for final tweaking and testing.

You said it, * commercial * electronic circuits.
That's why the new stuff sounds like ****. :-)

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy