Bink

Scott Dorsey wrote:
The one exception for this is for people with lav mikes. When people are
wandering around with a lav mike, the feedback modes move around with them
and the floating filters can be very handy. Don't EVER use the floating filters
on musical content, though.
---scott

Scott, I get good results with lavalier wearers walking around the
venue. I never use any roving filters on my feedback eliminators whether
it is music or voice. I just don't like the sound of them. To set up the
room for wireless lavs, I wear the lav mic myself with the volume up and
walk around in front of the speakers and occasionally cup my hand over
the mic to let the autofeedback elimination circuit catch the worst
tones. Then I stop the auto processes and switch to manual mode, which
means I know have a parametric EQ which was set by artificial
intelligence. Typically, I'll reduce the filters' cut depths during the
gig, making sure to listen to that frequency as I ease up on the cut
depth. And I'll add filters during the first few minutes to fine tune
the rig. I'll nudge filter freqs up or down as needed if the room's
temperature changes.

I like the Sabine GRQ series (but not the onboard compression) and the
Shure DFR series. I use RS232--laptop control during the gig.

-Bink
--
Michael 'Bink' Knowles

www.binkster.net