Mike Rivers

Default Marantz "Professional" PMD325 CD Player

In article . net writes:

I have recently seen the "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD player advertised,
and I noticed that it incorporates balanced XLR outputs, which not even the
very expensive "high-end" consumer Marantz CD players do.

This is one of the least expensive ways to add the marketing label of
"professional" to a piece of audio equipment.

Hence I am wondering how this "Professional" Marantz PMD325 CD player sounds
compared to the very expensive Marantz "Consumer" models?

Probably about the same.

I am also wondering if this PMD325 Marantz CD player features automatic
"de-emphasis" for listening to "early" CDs which incorporated "pre-emphasis"
for noise reduction?

Did they ever really do that? If so, I'm sure it's still part of the
standard design and I see no reason why it should be left out. But I
don't know. (So why am I bothering to answer??? I don't know that
either.)

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )