Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mark Zacharias[_2_] Mark Zacharias[_2_] is offline

Default Yamaha RX-V596 humming

"Adamfarber" wrote in message

'Mark Zacharias[_2_ Wrote:
;911215']"Adamfarber" wrote in
message
...-

Hi, I have a Yamaha RX-V596 home theater that has all of a sudden
started to hum, unit is about 8 years old. . You can hear it in all

the
speakers, it is coming from the unit itself, anyone know what I can

do?
Thanks, Adam

--
Adamfarber-

If the Yamaha were actually producing hum, this would indicate most
likely a
power supply problem.
Normally the Yamaha's protection circuit would shut it down in this
scenario.

Does the problem with ONLY the speakers and no other devices hooked
up?

If not, perhaps a ground loop. This is not uncommon.

If so, maybe a main power supply capacitor open circuit - I'm not sure
if
that would trigger the protect circuit.

Mark Z.

Hi Mark, I unhooked everything and hooked up a speaker to one of the
outputs and listened to FM and I still heard the him. Thanks, Adam

--
Adamfarber

Well, you would need a schematic at this point, which brings up the
question, are you a technical person and able to read the schematic?

Mark Z.