Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default Store PA Backgd Music Adjustment

For the last month, the music has been all clipped and distorted.

Apparently they upgraded our MIR(My Instore Radio) receiver again,
but this time it's output at such a high level that it's distorting and
clipping the input stage on the P.A. amplifier.

I mentioned it to the store mgr, his boss, etc, and they all said
"it's not your job to fix it. We have to put in an IT ticket request."

The fix is simple: Either turn down the internet MIR receiver volume,
or, adjust the bypass pot on the wall in the store IT closet until the
distortion disappears.

Management's fix? Turn the P.A. amp's tone controls fully counter-
clockwise! So now it's not just clipped and distorted, it's clipped,
distorted, amd sounds like the built-in speaker on an iPod Touch!

They won't listen to me: I told them just a screwdriver and five
minutes, I'll have it sounding brand new again.

They just shook their heads. The store mgr. said "Even I'm not
supppsed to touch the music/PA rig in these stores"!