Phil Allison

"BFoelsch"

flipper

Problem is, when I put 120.7 AC on the primary I get 1.9VAC out for a
ratio of 63.5/1,

Well, if these are really rotten output transformers, which are down 3 dB
at 60 Hz, your calculations would be way off, no?

** No.

Voltage drive to a transformer will overcome the usual low frequency 3dB
down point experienced with drive via a tube or other high source impedance.

120 volts at 60 Hz should be within core saturation limits of the tranny the
OP has described - a 6BQ5 would likely supply it with more AC volts.

Measure them again at 400 or 1000 Hz.

** No need and no point at all.

The OP has the right numbers now.

Connect them backwards to the output of a small amp fed with1 kHz and
report back. I'll bet the calculated ratio is different at 1 kHz than it
is a 60 Hz.

** You will lose your dough.

Also advise your test equipment. Many old VTVMs and VOMs are horribly
inaccurate on the low VAC ranges. They may also be bad at frequencies
other than 60 Hz.

** How asinine.

1.9 volts AC is NOT a low voltage .

The OP has a digital meter.