Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] luca0570@gmail.com is offline

Default Mackie Onyx pre Vs. 8-Bus pre

On 23 Mar, 11:19, Laurence Payne lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom
wrote:
On 23 Mar 2007 02:01:03 -0700, wrote:

I want good pre to normalize with care the signals generated from my
instruments. I realize sample libraries and I need quality in signals
preamplification...

Think carefully what you're saying here. Your samples are already
recorded, doubtless through excellent microphones and preamps. That
part of the job's done. If your music is all synths and samplers,
you're lucky. Probably all you need is a simple inexpensive line
mixer.

Yes, I know! But often, line levels from synth and expander are very
low and a good pre of a
good mixing console, in my opinion, is much better if compared to
performance of low cost and inexpensive line mixer.
Furthemore, a line mixer often doesn't give a versatile signal routing
and good quality eq stage, such as a mixing console equipped with semi-
parametric/parametric eq, multiple output bus, subgroup insert, etc,
etc.
This is my opinion. I'm not a newbie.
Thanks.
Luke