Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,rec.audio.tubes,sci.electronics.repair
analogdial analogdial is offline

Default What type of capacitor should I use?

Dan wrote:

Give this site a try.

https://www.tedss.com/LearnMore/Amer...ade-Capacitors

Right on the first page:

"Think all capacitors made in the Far East are cheap, noisy, low
quality."

'If you are looking for quality components, then TEDSS.com is for YOU.'

"Americans put a man on the moon in 1969 with American-made capacitors.
The greatest military power in the world was made by using High Quality
American Made apacitors."

Wow. I suppose the grammar and spelling are about what you'd expect
from a Usenet loon, but subpar for a vendor trying to sell quality.

And, for what it's worth, I DON'T think ALL capacitors made in the Far
East are cheap, noisy, low quality. And as soon as I hear that the
Chinese have mastered the art of making "High Quality apacitors.", I'll
be doubling up on my Mandarin lessons.