Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Ever heard an exotic high-dollar turntable playing LP's? Hugedifference? No?

On 10/08/2018 12:20 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Ralph Barone wrote:

Thanks for the history lesson Scott. Did anyone ever plot the equivalent of
the Fletcher-Munson curves for cocaine?

Not that I can find, and I did a bunch of medline searches a decade ago.
If anyone knows of any research on how marijuana or cocaine changes hearing
perception (not research on long-term changes in hearing.. there are plenty
of those) I'd love to see some.
--scott

I'd guess pot enables (enabled ?) one to hear hidden lyrical meanings
and musical tones and subtle nuances that are really amaaazing. But
possibly not actually there.

Dunno about coke, but if one heard something in some way differently one
probably wouldn't care anyway.

geoff