Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default Andrew Jute KISS 194

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 5:44:23 PM UTC-4, Andre Jute wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 12:40:50 AM UTC+1, wrote:
I'm interested in this speaker. Anyone has built one and has the plan to share with me.

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/...20T91HWAF3.jpg

Many thanks!

Plans are available from Lowther. Ask for the Fidelio Bicor plans. You need to be an expert woodworker to cut your own wood. Check the many angles. Your best bet is to buy the wood pre-sawn. I got mine from Audio Technik in Germany. There is more about the development of this loudspeaker at
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/...dre%20Jute.htm

You can ignore the resident "instant experts". They can't even recognize a basic Lowther Fidelio design intended for Lowther PM6A drivers, but they know what it will sound like! Such ignorant arrogance casts doubt on everything else they say.

It's a grand speaker with a grand sound when matched to a suitable amplifier.

Andre Jute
There are those who do, and those who pose on the net

Show us some performance curves. If you can't (or won't) then please do not attempt to influence someone new to the hobby into a toxic decision that *WILL* make him unhappy, but only after the expenditure of considerable and unrecoverable time and treasure. Generally, a audio speaker of any repute should be dead-flat (3dB) from 40 Hz to 20 KHz. Very good ones will be +/- 3dB from 20 - 40K. Lowthers are (typically) measured only between 200 and 10K, as their performance past those points on either end drops so severely.

Excellent for the human voice. limited instruments. Limited signal. But, for instance, the Saint-Saens Organ Symphony, not so much. Again, consider the physics involved with shaking sufficient air to approach that of actual music across the full dynamic range. Takes a certain amount of energy distributed across a certain amount of active surface area.

May they also be high-resolution performance curves. All sorts of low-res stuff is out there, way to small to see the start and end points.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA