Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default It's amazing what you can find when you look.

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 20:58:07 GMT, wrote:

There seem to plenty of people who don't realize that a lot
of stuff sounds just like other stuff.

And who are these people? I certainly realize that one JVC integrated
sounds pretty much like another JVC integrated, and pretty much like
an Akai integrated as well. It just happends that I don't like the
sound of any of them.

And if they sound like a Yamaha integrated then they probably sound just
like the expensive Pass monoblocks that Steve Zipser could not tell a
difference between.

The problem is that most claims of difference have no basis in fact. If
there were freal evidence to suggest that there's some difference between
most solid state components then it would be a major selling point.
However, since nobody is stepping forward with their DBT results to show
those differences, it seems fair to conclude that such differences are very
rare.

For them ABX is a solution.

Not as good as suicide though.

Then don't use ABX, use some other form of bias controlled, level matched,
blind listening. Rely on your ears, but only on your ears.