Sander deWaal

"Fabio Berutti" said:

I agree with Mr. DeWaal: a 2A3 PP (or a 6B4G) is probably the closest thing
to the "perfect" sound: DHT, relatively low driving requirements, relatively
low output impedance (3K5 typ), reasonable B+, and an output power of about
10-12W which is enough even for the 9th symphony's chorus or the beginning
of "Back in black"... if You have efficient boxes and your neighbors are not
deaf.

Heh!
I have 84 dB/w/m Maggies connected, and this amp plays to
earshattering levels if you want to.

Really, it has the balls of my hybrid MOSFET amp, but with more
finesse.

A good amp, and probably the last one I'll ever build :-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005