I assume that the windery which makes Partridge is either too small to
be able to bother with hobbyists or so large that they know it isn't
profitable. They do however make high-fidelity transformers and supply
them to small manufactories, or at least they did within recent memory.
For instance, a copy of the catalogue of La Maison de L'Audiophile in
Paris, no 24, undated but about 10-12 years old, list Partridge TK4519
output transformers suitable for 300B at 1900 francs and TK6241 power
trx for 2200 francs, also as the standard transformers in their
well-regarded Hiraga-inspired Legend 300B amp. The prices quoted are
similar to what La Maison charged for mid to high-level Tango iron.

HTH.

Andre Jute

Ian Iveson wrote:
wrote

Partridge transformers have been apparently available on an
intermittent basis in recent years but like yourself a subset of
Brit
vendors are "right ****s" so us arrogant colonials just don't want
**** with them anymore. Partridge can't be too anxious to sell
their
wares as they don't advertise, not here and not there either-we
get UK
magazines easily at news vendors even in backward markets in North
America.

Japanese, German, and even Italian publications would be more
valuable, but tech pubs in foreign languages are scarce.

I have several sheets of A4 with specs of current Partridge
transformers from perhaps 2 yrs ago. There was no reason to believe
from their internet presence that they existed, and neither is there
now, so I have no reason to assume they are not still extant.

They seemed surprised to have been discovered. I rumbled them via a
possibly over-zealous marketing executive. They e-mailed me the
specs in a strange format that took some time to decode. I sent them
back my Word version thinking it might be useful. Not heard since.
Either there are a few old guys on permanent secret holiday within a
combine that's forgot they are there, or they supply to OEMs only
and have no ambitions to expand...a small cash cow. Perhaps
somewhere in between.

The only Partridge trannies I have are 60s Carlsbro, same design as
Marshall of the period, so it's not inconceivable (to me who knows
nothing of current Marshall stuff) that they are still connected,
but the list has a variety of usual domestic valve audio specs
AFAIR.

Perhaps I can find it. I guess I posted it here at the time.

yawn,

Ian

in message
ups.com...