Les

Default Problem with Kenwood KDC-MP625 shutting off

"Wildcard" wrote in message
Well, it turns out it was the amp to blame. The switch I have just cuts

off
the remote. When the tech at Best Buy pulled the fuse on the amp, the
problem went away.

This is confusing. Do you have any more details on this.

Now I didnt understand most of what he was telling me,
but I gathered that most of the problem stemmed from the fact that

CarTunes
didnt use RCA cables, and something about the ohms in my speakers being 1,
which caused a power drain and blew out the speakers. At least, that's

what
I gathered. So tomorrow Best Buy will put in the RCA's, and replace the

back
door speakers.

Were the rear and fronts and subs running off the same amp? I would hope not
unless its a 5 channel. But running your amp down to 1 ohm would provide
more output at the terminals and draw more power, but the power drain would
not blow the speakers. Either you heard wrong or they filled you up with a
load a crap.

On an unrelated note, seriously, dont go to CarTunes. Besides not using

RCA
cables, they ran the speaker wire and the power wire side by side, and
blamed the blown speakers on me having the radio too loud

Did Cartunes install the HU and the amp or just one? If just one what was
the purchase order?
The speaker wire and the power wire running down the same side of the car is
likely not a problem, in extreme and rare circumstances it could be but it's
not likely. And second they were likely right when they said the speakers
blew because you had it too loud, what else would have blown them?

Les