Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

Default Store PA Backgd Music Adjustment

On 22/06/2015 8:02 a.m., wrote:
June 2015:

The music quality had been starting to sound like a slightly mistuned
slide rule FM radio, with static and some distortion creeping in. Strange,
for an IP based network music player.

Last week, it just cut out altogether, and a day later the network guys
came in to remedy it. My next day of work, music was back on.
Iwas able to access the closet again - a manager did not full shut
it after turning the music on for opening.

Now get this: the volume in the store was decent, but on the amp beneath
the network player, the AUX, BASS, and TREBLE were fully clockwise.
Guess this would prevent playing it too loud(!) But I backed off the tone
controls a bit, and all was normal again.

My question is: HOW could music fed digitally, via internet, sound like a
staticky FM stereo tuner?? Sounds like something at the receiving(dish?)
end - wherever that is.

All of our stores in this district are fed the same music and POS(point of
sale) jingles source.

Not necessarily anything to do with the feed. Probably the device
playing the stream (underpowered or otherwise stuffed-up computer ?),
or and audio problem in the amp itself.

geoff