Lex

Default Power wire gauge for Eclipse PA4212?

for less than a 15 ft run 8 ga should be fine, but I ran 4 ga for my PA
4212. I ran 12 ga speaker wire, but 14 or even 16 technically would have
been enough. as far as bridging it, let me know if it runs hot please, as I
am having a heat issue driving 2 8710.8's ( older model than yours, 200 w
rms whereas urs are 300). Remember if you run 4 ga wire, you have more
options when upgrading if you choose too.

Lex

"Jim Robin" wrote in message
om...
Okay! I am buying an Eclipse PA4212 amp which I plan to bridge mono
(400 watts @ 4 ohms) into an Eclipse 87101.4 (10") sub. What gauge
power wire should I run to the battery? For that matter, what's the
appropriate speaker wire gauge?

Thanks!

Jim