Sander deWaal

(Hot Glass Audio) said:

These were commonly made by CTS, but they are no longer in business,
and these types of log taper pots are hard to find. What I would like
to find is a source that sells plain-jane pots for reasonable prices.
I am not interested in ALPS or other "audiophile" grade pots, as I'm
trying to keep the cost of my product to a minimum, I want it to be
affordable.

The trouble with most cheap pots is their bad tracking, especially in
the lowest part of their range where it is used most at home.
I found that from the reasonably affordable pots, only Alps and Noble
provide better channel tracking.
Either that, or a stepped attenuator.

If you buy in larger quantities, an Alps can be had for about $10/pc.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "