Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Unexpected results from small Behringer mixer testing

On 25/04/2018 3:56 PM, Peter Larsen wrote:
On 23-04-2018 14:24, wrote:

2) There's some auto-switching between the channel inputs of the same
line whereby if you plug something into the R channel, you have to
have something plugged into the corresponding L channel.

Appreciate any augmentation to my knowledge on this topic.

Thanks,
- DK

yes there is switching.

if you have a mono source, plug it onto L in and it will feed both L
and R.
if you have a stereo source plug L to L and R to R.

plugging only one input into the R is not defined.

Or there is a problem with the switch in left channel. I do not see it
mentioned whether it worked as intended: as a stereo input.

I read as OP was wanting to plus a 1/4" TRS in with L on tip and R on
sleeve, rather than a mono jack tip (bal or unbal) going to L and R
master bus channels.

geoff