DJ TecThreat

Default Silk v. Metal v. Ceramic...

i know it isnt any of the types you mentioned here, but.. i like Paper coned
speakers.. to me, paper sounds better than metal and ceramic... but silk
would be in my list.

DJ TecThreat

"Bill Pallies" wrote in message
. ..
Just wondering what the general tonal differences are between the various
tweeter materials. For some reason, I tend to think that, for example,

silk
tweets are smoother sounding than titanium. I base this solely on my
experience with the materials themselves. Silk's all soft and, umm, silky.
Titanium is all hard and stuff :-). So therefore the way a material

*feels*
like in life is what is *sounds* like when oscillated several thousand

times
a second, right? Well, for some reason, I doubt my theory... Anybody know
the general characteristics?

-Bill