Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default The end of R.A.H-E

It would be too bad if it were to die - but there is little life in any cas=
e. Writing entirely for myself and from the position that quality is in no =
way related to cost, it was always interesting to see the various views and=
ideas.=20

Further to this, this is not, and has seldom been, a place to get advice, h=
elp or suggestions with gear, either in the care/feeding or purchasing aspe=
cts. Often legitimate questions and concerns would either be dismissed or i=
gnored.=20

Although I betcha if I were to troll 'this wire/interconnect/capacitor is (=
insert elaborate descriptive here) and so justifies (insert time and troubl=
e here) at a (insert cost here) premium, we would have half-a-dozen answers=
within a day, and 40+ in a week.=20

Leaving it unmoderated would be the most efficient way of providing a venue=
for the few actually interested in this hobby, do nothing to deter others =
and allow some lively discussions on off-topic, but often relevant issues.=
=20

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--