Posted to rec.audio.high-end
ST ST is offline

Default How pure is the signal when it reaches our ears?

On Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:15:56 PM UTC+8, news wrote:
As for air density changing every few centimeters in a calm room, I don'=

t=20
=20
think so. Air and any gas evenly disperses itself in its give area; in t=

his=20
=20
case a room. The atmospheric pressure is the force exerted on the walls =

and=20
=20
everything else in the room by the air molecules bumping against everythi=

ng.
=20
=20
=20
Shaun

But they don't stand still. They move around. Air is a poor conductor of so=
und. Just like a ripple which can be seen clearly in calm pond. The air sme=
ars the ripples by its movement. Your measurement at source of the sound an=
d at the receiving end of the ears is not going to be the same at longer di=
stance.