Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default How pure is the signal when it reaches our ears?

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:25:25 AM UTC-8, ST wrote:
On Sunday, 19 January 2014 21:43:16 UTC+8, news wrote:

"ST" wrote in message ...

I wouldn't doubt that our brains have

adapted to this. I think your barking up the wrong tree.

Shaun

I thought I explained it in the last post. We are used to listening distorted sound all the time. No clean signal as captured by the microphones at close distance ever reaches our ears under normal circumstances. You are repeating what I already said earlier. So I am asking again; is it possible that is giving the right mix of distortion compared to digital. What kind of measurements would prove or disprove this?

What about hi res recordings run through low distortion SS electronics and played back through low distortion headphones? Seems like that ought to be a pretty low distortion recording and playback system. It is also fairly "normal" too.