Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire Audio_Empire is offline

Default Stereophile, don't worry

It is still doing its same thing. Here a bit from the current online mag:

Rune Skov shows off the new Nordost Valhalla 2 interconnect ($9799/2m
pair) next to his sweet Nordost tattoo.

On Tuesday May 28th, 2013, Nordost premiered the Valhalla 2 cable
lineup at Lyric Hi-Fi in New York City. Rune Skov, International
Product Training & Sales Support Manager for Nordost, gave a
demonstration to a garrulous group of audiophiles who joyfully
suggested what differences they heard as Skov switched out each old
Valhalla cable for the new one.

Wow, what a scientific approach. Just as the editor some years ago
demonstrated in his "debate" about objective testing, if one puts oneself
into a context known to produce false subjective results; one will get self
same subjective results.

I'm sorry, there is NOTHING one can do with wire that would make 12 feet
of it and 4 RCA plugs worth, essentially, ten grand! It's simply
obscene. Even if these cables did actually do something positive for the
sound (which, if they are simply conductors, they cannot possibly do), I
can't imagine any reason why they would be worth almost $9800 to
ANTBODY! If a person insists on spending money on bling, they should buy
diamonds or platinum or gold - something that has some intrinsic worth!
Gold and platinum (even silver) tend to continually go up in price, and
one can reasonably expect at least a long-term return on one's
investment. Can you imagine someone who buys a pair (or more) of these
valhalla 2 interconnects today, and something better comes along in -
say 5 years, and he tries to sell yesterday's audio bling to someone
else? I can but laugh at this entire nonsense. It's a rip-off and I say
that any rich audiophile who falls for this nonsense deserves to be
victimized, in fact, give me a suitcase full of wooden blocks, green
pens, and ceramic cable elevators and point me at the gullible fool!

On the other hand, in the defense of Stereophile and J. A., allow me to
point out that this article to which you refer is merely reporting an
event that occurred ay Lyric, and the section you quoted gave no
editorial opinion. it merely states that the assembled audiophiles
rather noisily gave theirs.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---