Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
David Nebenzahl wrote:

Sure enough, removing the nut
from the phone jack allowed the whole unit to slip rather easily out of
the case

Sheesh. You "shoulda" known enough to do that, at least. Good grief.

Hmmm. I agree that is a little fundamental. I thought we were looking at a
'real' puzzle here ... And without an XLR balanced / unbalanced signal
source, how can you test properly, without making possibly unfounded guesses
about the service condition of the mic or its lead or the socket on this
amp. I would have thought that this sort of test would be fundamental before
wasting time trying to rip it all apart. It is in my workshop anyway.

Arfa