Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On 9/15/2010 9:52 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

This product appears to be the pro-audio equivalent of most remote controls.

I'm sure most people in this group have noticed how remote controls are
generally held together with screws /and/ near-unreleasable tabs. I've never
understood why both are needed.

No, it's not, and you're misunderstanding the packaging here.

There's a diecast metal front panel which covers the entire front of the
unit, with a deeply set grille for the speaker. Six screws attach the
metal panel to the plastic cabinet.

The plastic cabinet is ONE PIECE, totally seamless, covering the
remaining 5 sides. So it's not a clamshell like most remotes or
similarly packaged electronics.