Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

Default Cracking open a Galaxy Audio PA amp

On 9/12/2010 11:17 PM Bill Graham spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

I inherited a repair job that I can't get started because I can't
get the damn amp open.

It's a Galaxy Audio Core PA5X140 all-in-one PA. It's a tough little
unit, with a die-cast metal chassis set into a thick rugged plastic
(polypropylene?) case, that can sit on top of a mike stand.
Similar to this one: http://galaxyaudio.com/MSPA.jsp. The front of
the chassis has 6 screws into the case, and there's one on the back
I removed, but I still can't get the chassis out of the case. I
tried prying the case, thinking there might be some cast-in lugs I
could open, but no luck, and I didn't want to risk chewing up the
edge of the case.

Does anyone have any idea how to open up this unit?

Specifically, No....But I have sometimes found that they like to hide screws
underneath the pasted on rubber feet, so you might investigate that.

Nope, no feet on the bottom.

Also, inspect the cover carefully to see exactly which panels are
welded to what other panels, and you might get a clue as to where the
screws have to be in order for it to come apart......

Nothing's welded to anything. Just a diecast chassis set into a plastic
case that surrounds it.