Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Default PrimaLuna adaptive auto bias board

On Aug 9, 10:12*am, Bret L wrote:
Usually there is no room to put an incandescent light bulb in series
with a cathode to ground, and then it needs to be a high voltage rated
type; it is a primitive non-solution, and ppl cannot buy old fashioned
light bulbs in Oz now because they have been deemed to be greenhouse
incorrect and the only globes are now compact flurescent types.

*Surely you can buy the small panel lamps and automotive bulbs? We are
not talking 100 watt house bulbs but small stuff. I won't allow CF in
my house due to the mercury. There will always be some niche source
like Avgas for tetraethyl lead.

I agree, not all incandescent lamps will be phased soon but eventually
they will all be gone because there are alternatives like LED lights
etc....

An auto lamp is OK with 12V across it and this causes its resistance
to rise but it is a non linear resistance, and not suitable for any
part in an audio amp unless maybe for a primitive compressor operating
at low voltages with speakers.
In a cathode circuit a tube could easily blow the 12V lamp.

Patrick Turner.