michael turner

Default why are salesmen such idiots?

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:20:55 -0600, (remove)sound wrote:

Personally, i do not own one and would not pay for a subscription. BUT,
there are many people who spend a lot of time in there cars where it would
be beneficial. A few trucking companies i do work for have these in there
cross country trucks. Going across the mountains, radio sucks. The XM
works. They love it. Is it for everybody? NO.

Here in the UK we have a free digital radio service, this is terrestrial
based rather than satellite. Gives about 40 stations, some of them are
pure-music (with some commercials), no DJs, no spoken-word.

It would be good for
background music in commercial establishments too. (rights issues aside)

I thought commercial establishments stateside already had a commercial
satellite music service, DMX: www.dmxmusic.com. They tried DMX here in the
UK via cable a few years ago, but the company went bust.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)