Paul Vina

Default Noise problem please help.

Where are your gains set? Did you follow the JL guidelines? They may be up
too high. I'm thinking it's a HU problem or you may have your rcas routed
close to a device that is radiating noise into your rcas.

Paul Vina

"dconder" wrote in message
I was able to try a couple of things this morning and here is what I have
now. First off, here is the system:
Eclipse 7002
Eclipse 5122
JL 300/4
JL 500/1
Diamond M661 front
ID IDMAX 12" trunk

I took a portable digital radio and hooked it up to the 300/4 and unhooked
the 500/1 rca's. There was only a slight hiss in the tweeters. Probably
acceptable. I then hooked the portable up to the 500/1 and ran a really
good set of Stinger RCA's from the 500/1's pass thru into the 300/4's
inputs. Again, only a slight hiss. Then I hooked my Rockford rca's

coming
from the Eclipse brain into the 500/1 and used the Stinger from the 500/1
into the 300/4 as before. There is still a changing pitch hum as before
but, not as bad. So, I have only one set of rca's from the brain to the
500/1 and I use the pass thru on the 500/1 to the 300/4. This leaves the
set of rca's from the brain to the 300/4 unhooked. The noise is still

there
but probably half the volume. Problem is, I loose the ability to control
the sub seperate this way. I hope that helps some more. Let me know what
you think at this point. I do so appreciate all your help Paul.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
From what you've said you've done it has to be a problem before the

amps.
Let me know what happens after you run your HU to the other car.

Paul Vina