Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Problem Advents

Once upon a time on usenet Peter Wieck wrote:
On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 at 10:49:35 PM UTC-5,
wrote:
Don't know if this qualifies as "high end," but maybe somebody here
might have a usefull suggetion.

First, replace the capacitors. If my memory serves, there is a 32uF
and a 6uF !!** NON-POLARIZED**!! electrolytic capacitor in place.
These are the only 'wearing' parts in the crossover, but as already
noted, 35 years is a good long life for these beasts. [snipped]

I agree. As I understand those crossovers the tweeter signal passes through
both of the NPE caps before getting to the voicecoil so it's way past time
they were replaced.
--
Shaun.

cozy little classification in the DSM."