Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Low Hertz Low Hertz is offline

Default Linkwitz Labs lx521 open baffle speaker

On Monday, December 8, 2014 4:41:40 AM UTC-8, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Wednesday, June 18, 2014 11:21:21 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Anyone auditioned these speakers? comments, impressions on their sound? They can be heard on youtube if nowhere else an option- please skip what I know already i.e. youtube's limitations!

ESTG/

a) No, I have not auditioned these speakers.
b) The single most dangerous behavior a potential purchaser of audio equipment might do in their quest is to solicit the opinion of others on equipment they have not heard themselves.
c) Whatever might apply to other-than-transducers applies exponentially to transducers (speakers being one example of such).
d) The second most dangerous behavior one might exhibit is to actually purchase transducers at some sum more than common pocket change without extensive auditioning *IN THEIR FINAL RESTING PLACE!*

Point being that no matter how well informed the opinions expressed here might be, they are NOT yours, they DO NOT know your tastes or peculiarities, and making decisions on outside influence will inevitably lead to acute unhappiness.

Which, of course, also applies to the above.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Many years ago (1974) I was a guitar major at Berklee College of Music.
There were people there more into gear than music, and a friend wanted to introduce me to what Albembic was capabable off.

The reason I write this is they used infinity baffles on their speakers.
They built a wall of JBL 15" without any baffles, just open ear