Posted to rec.audio.pro
martymart martymart is offline

Default Plug-type X transmitter for AKG C535?

You would expect to change batteries in a wireless transmitter daily
regardless of phantom draw. What's the big deal?

So far my 500 mah rechargeable 9V's are doing well. Max duty so far was 6
hours and they had some reserve left. I'm running them in Lectrosonics 400
series butt plug transmitters on Schoeps and DPA mics. A battery will
charge in considerably less time that it takes to drain, so one backup per
transmitter is adequate.

My customer is a church with no tech staff. Even with daily services,
they could have gone 2-3 days per battery if it did not have to supply
phantom. Daily battery replacement was a pain to them, not to mention
more expensive then expected.

The real problem is total and sudden death of the xmtr. The xmtr
would die in the middle of a service when the battery meter indicated
useful life when the service started. Converting to 48V from a pair
of AA bats chews them up fast.
Marty