Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio
Max Arwood Max Arwood is offline

Default Software to turn a PC into an Equalizer

You know - what you said really got me thinking. Could it be possible to
use 4 or more monitors and do some kind of computer controlled cross
interference pattern so that the mix position was flatter? Some frequencies
could be sent through the back speaker out of phase by a different % at
different frequencies. Wow what an idea. Neat but probably not very
practical.
unless there's some kind
an EQ that can make one set of monitors have different curves in different
parts of the room

Oh yea, I'll take one of those too.
Max Arwood

"Glennbo" wrote in message
. 33.102...
In the killer robot
"Here In Oregon" grabbed the controls of the
spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

Yes,...we are not moving any of the acoustic treament anymore.

So my question then becomes, how many spots in the room are you able to
EQ for? IOW, if you make the analyser read flat sitting at the mixer
desk, and then check another part of the room, if it's not flat there,
aren't your only choices to either have it flat at the desk, and not in
the other area, or to split the difference and make it not perfectly flat
in both areas? Seems completely logical to me (unless there's some kind
of EQ that can make one set of monitors have different curves in
different parts of the room), and I'd go for flat where I'd be working.

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email