Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio
Here In Oregon Here In Oregon is offline

Default Software to turn a PC into an Equalizer

"Glennbo" wrote:

How long can that take?

He is using a flat reference microphone along with an Eq mastering processor
and is tweaking the room to the Nth degree. He claims that most people
don't understand the detail of what he is doing. LOL!
Of course his time is costing me money. But every time I have called him on
the carpet so to speak he has a rational that is believable. He is also an
honorable and moral man.

Thanks Glennbo!

wrote in message
.184...
In the killer robot
"Here In Oregon" grabbed the controls of the
spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

My question is how long should it take to EQ a room that has been
sonically treated and is fundamentally a good room to begin with?

If you've got a hand held spectrum analyzer to *see* what the un-EQ'd
pink noise looks like, you should be able to make some quick EQ
adjustments to make what wasn't a flat line on the analyzer become a flat
line, at which point you have pretty flat response, and you obviously
want the most accurate spot in the room to be the point where you will be
mixing. An hour of pink noise and EQing would be starting to be
excessive IMO. I mean, if the spectrum display shows a 1k peak, duck the
1k band on the EQ until it doesn't. How long can that take?

--
Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email