Posted to rec.audio.pro,cakewalk.audio
Here In Oregon Here In Oregon is offline

Default Software to turn a PC into an Equalizer

Geez, I wasn't looking forward to a thread on EQing a room today.

The engineer I flew in roughly six weeks ago has been EQing my now
redesigned and acoustically treated room with six hundred feet of new cable,
new equipment, two power conditioners with battery backup and a smorgasbord
of additional products and equipment. I have never worked so hard in my
life.

Pink noise now coming out the ying yang.
All three of us have filters in our ears and at one time three days ago he
was doing some crossover subwoofer management without my knowledge and I was
in the bathroom and heard an associate talking real loud. I literally was
feeling an earthquake or a volcano happening and came running out to find
subwoofers doing their thing but the whole building was shaking.

Again,... he takes everything to the Nth degree and I call him "Hey
Einstien".

My question is how long should it take to EQ a room that has been sonically
treated and is fundamentally a good room to begin with? Subjective question
I know. Actually a stupid question.

He is working diligently into the 4:00 am region of time and is spending at
least twelve to fourteen hours a day. He is slow though and very methodical!

Pardon me if my post is incoherent but the pink noise is driving me crazy.
Maybe I should get out!

Last night at 3:00 am with ear plugs on I was reading reviews by Mike Rivers
and Ty Ford in the same magazine.

Thanks guys for your time and a heads up on both of your reviews ;-)