Kevin McMurtrie

Default Bass Cancellation

In article ,
"GiJO" wrote:

Hi,

I have an R33 Skyline, and have found that there is a dead spot for the bass
right where the driver's head is. When listening to the music it sounds like
the bass needs to be turned up. But if i sit in the back or even lean
forward, the bass increases alot. Is there something i can do to shift the
cancellation point either back or forward? I've got 6.5" splits in the doors
and 6" coaxials in the back. I've tried turning the bass up but then the
speakers pop when i turn it up and that sounds worse.

It's very annoying and the system quality is lower cos of it. Maybe if i
angle the speakers in the doors to the back of the car a bit more, or tilt
the rear speakers towards the front... any ideas?

All my equipment is Alpine (speakers, headunit, amps etc) I've got the
CVA-1000e headunit, MRV-F405 4 channel amp.

Try reversing the polarity of the fronts or rears, whichever is easier
to get to.