Mike Rivers

In article writes:

I have only 8 channels and I need 9. One of the inputs is a Midi
Keyboard so I thought I could connect it to the midi input of the Layla
(thus freeing up an analogue channel)

You can create a live MIDI track, then when you mix, connect the MIDI
OUT of the Layla to the MIDI IN of the keyboard and mix the keyboard
in with the audio tracks. Or if you don't have a mixer, you could do
another pass through the song with the MIDI track driving the keyboard
and record the keyboard on another analog track or two. It'll probably
be a bit out of sync due to the latency of the keyboard and the rest
of the system, but you should be able to put it in the right place
just by sliding the new track a few milliseconds back toward the
beginning of the song.

But understand that you WILL need the keyboard again in order to
generate its sounds. Only the note and expreession data is stored when
you record MIDI, the sound has to come from the keyboard (or a soft
synth - but that would be a different sound).

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )