Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default HD or BluRay?

"Trevor Wilson" wrote ...
"Richard Crowley" wrote ...
"Trevor Wilson" wrote ...
**You seem to be under the common misconception that the movie
industry rules the roost. It doesn't.

No? It only controls the *content* on 99% of all pre-recorded
video media sold on this planet. I'm willing to call that "control"

**That is the ONLY control they weild.

LOL! What else would one need in a content-driven market?

The success or otherwise of two competing systems rests with the
computer industry, not the movie industry. Since at least one major
movie producer (Sony) is a huge player in the computer gaming
industry, you may now gain some idea of where the industry is likely
to head.

Perhaps it has escaped your notice that Sony is unique in
being: 1) a leading and innovative manufacturer of consumer
and professional electronics; 2) a major movie studio; and
3) owner of many popular music labels. It seems quite likely
that the majority of Sony customers don't know (or care) that
they are even in the computer gaming business.

**And those who do not understand the influence of the gaming
industry will miss the point too.

Cross-posting from some other planet, are you?

**I suggest you bruch up on the term: 'cross post'. I don't cross
post.

I know what cross-posting is. If you don't like my literary style,
just say so. The world is significantly larger and more complex
than your gaming-centric view of it.