Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] palli...@gmail.com is offline

Default Who likes power trios ?

Jason wrote:
===========

Everyone in a power trio had to "play wide." Not everyone can do that well.
Are there power trios today? How do they stand up against, say, Cream?

Jimi Hendrix? I recall that was a trio but could sound way larger.

** For sure !!

One evening I played Hendrix performing "Little Wing" at the Royal Albert Hall for a visitor.

He was not familiar with the track or listening via my electrostatic speakers.

As the track ended, applause could be heard rising from the audience.

He suddenly leapt to his feet, pointed at the speakers and exclaimed:

" That was live ??? "

Almost in tears, he could hardly believe it was a live performance with only 3 guys playing.

...... Phil