François Yves Le Gal

Default "DSD recordings good. PCM recordings bad." - Dr. Diamond

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:56:50 GMT, "Dimiter Petsev" wrote:

The thing is that apart from the emotions that usually go with the DVD-A vs
SACD argument I have not seen a single one that is in favor of SACD and is
really scientifically based.

Then you haven't done your homework. Remember: Google groups is your friend!

On the contrary there are a number of
convicning articles out there claimign that DVD-A is better and DSD is
flawed as Stewart Pinkerton claims. I posted a link sometime ago to one

http://www.sound.westhost.com/cd-sacd-dvda.htm

Whih is full of factual errors and has already been debunked.

and here is another

http://www.minnetonkaaudio.com/pdfs/...le%20paper.pdf

Yes, the corrected and amended version of the infamous Lip****z and
Vanderkooy paper. Have you read it? If no, please do so at your earliest
convenience. If yes, jump to "Why Direct Stream Digital (DSD) is the best
choice as a Digital Audio Format", Derk Reefman and Peter Nuijten, AES110,
preprint 5396 and get Sony/Philips' position...