Michel Hafner

Default "DSD recordings good. PCM recordings bad." - Dr. Diamond

"Fran=C3=A7ois Yves Le Gal" wrote:
lectronic music is another story.
=

So, IMO, 24/96 or DSD are more than adequate today as well as for the
foreseeable future. And, yes, I do prefer DSD as a consumer delivery me=

dium
- as well as DSD Wide at the studio level.

Why do you prefer DSD as a consumer delivery medium? I have no use for it=

because
- if the master is high res PCM I don't get master quality but a filtered=

version. Same goes for any source with information that is smeared by t=
he
noise shaping.
- Can't do digital room correction unless I convert back to PCM again.

Where's the beef? Cheaper DA converters?