ludovic mirabel

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver

(Richard D Pierce) wrote in message news:0KgTa.118670$ye4.86843@sccrnsc01...
In article kKeTa.118895$Ph3.14413@sccrnsc04,
Audio Guy wrote:
In article QOZSa.114661$ye4.84226@sccrnsc01,
(ludovic mirabel) writes:
blah blah blah blah
I notice you failed to answer any of the points I made in this post
and commented on an entirely different post by only repeating your
same old arguments which have been shown to be false many, many
times.

The text above is headed-"Ludovic Mirabel writes" but it contains not
one single word written by me. Not one.
The last four lines are by Mr. Audio Guy (This thread, July 22 )
The witty "blah blah blah..." line comes from Mr. Pierce's pen.
Note the artful compilation of three unrelated names under the
heading: "L. Mirabel writes".
This is a second such "mistake" within the last two weeks.
On July the 8th in this forum he attributed a sentence of a Mr. Marcus
to me and performed his song and dance routine about the horror of it
all, tearing his clothes and asking dramatically: (his own capitals)
"And precisely WHO said this. Please, if you will, QUOTE the
people who said this. Don't paraphrase, please QUOTE, so that we
may understand FROM THEM what THEY said, not from YOU what you
THINK they said".
When pointed to the source he dropped the hot brick but instead
offered another long, name calling missive, which I did not think
deserved a reply.
There were other similar doctorings of my text (and other purely
personal attacks) over the last two years. I offered requotes but the
offer was not taken up . The offer still stands.
The recurrent "mistakes" leave two possibilities: Either he's
suffering from severe dyslexia or this is his normal modus operandi in
a debate.
In this last case I'd be tempted to quote (text remembered but not
necessarily word for word accurate) Mary Mc Carthy writing about
Lillian Hellman's memoirs: "Every word in it is a lie including "and"
and "but".
Mr. Pierce goes on:
Perhaps the thread should be retitled, "Why Mirabel does not
deliver?"

Mr. Mirabel has bolstered his argument by simply ignoring data
contrary to his point, msrepresentation of the views of others,
irrelevant diversions and non-sequiturs.

I could answer in kind and I would know how to. In spades. Except
that, if no one else does, I feel embarrassed on behalf of the
audio.high-end forum, its readers and its contributors.
Instead I'll ask-not for the first time-why is this kind of scurrilous
personal attack, without a shred of any audio interest allowed to see
the light of day again and again in a moderated forum? Against me or
anyone else.
I answered the previous similar ones in the "RAHE discuss" forum and
asked there why this is being allowed. Mr. Pierce's postings appeared
in the open forum, in this thread. The horse bolted. I do not think
that slamming the door in my my face, now, would be evenhanded
treatment or an answer to the problem.
Ludovic Mirabel