Audio Guy

Default Why DBTs in audio do not deliver

In article ,
(S888Wheel) writes:
Now answer the part you so conveniently snipped (which you often
decry when others do it) "What I am trying to get you to acknowledge
is whether sound is the only possible mechanism for the delivery of
music. Is it or isn't it?"

I said

Definitely not. However that fact is not relevant to the issue of sonic
differences between amps.

OK, sound isn't the only mechanism, nor is it relevant, please go on.

Watching a performance profoundly affects how we hear it. Music was never an
audio only phenomenon before recording and playback. Like I said that fact is
not relevant to the issue of "audible" differences in components.

OK, I guess I'll have to explain something I thought was implicit in
this discussion, that the discussion at hand is about audio
reproduction devices, and also add that Elmir, for one, feels that
that music reproduction is the only important factor in the
discussion. But I agree totally with you, music per se has no
relevance to the discussion of the audible differences in audio
amplifiers, only sound.